× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS RN3138 max LUN size

DmitryS
Aspirant

ReadyNAS RN3138 max LUN size

Hello! Could you please advise, is there any limit on LUN size on 3138? I try to expand my thick LUN, but the system tells that 8.4TB is the maximum size. Can I somehow expand my LUN beyond this value? P.S. This is not the free space issue, there is free space on the volume.

Thank you.

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DmitryS

Welcome to the Community!

What is the total capacity of your volume? You should be able to expand your Thick LUN as long as it's below or within 90% of the total volume. Using Thin LUN is a different one since you can over allocate the size.

Please see LUN concepts

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 5
DmitryS
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, @Marc_V 

Total capacity of the volume is 10.91 TB. For example - if I try to create one more thick LUN it tells me that its max size can be about 0.8TB. But it does not allow me to expand my existing 8.4TB thick LUN. Is it somehow possible to expand?

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DmitryS

Total Capacity is 10.91TB you should atleast be able to set the LUN around 9.2TB with the 90% cap. Do you have any space consumed that is not used by the LUN?

you should be able to expand but if it's not letting there might be a condition not met or an issue that might need to be checked. Can you send me your logs through PM using Google drive?

Regards

Message 4 of 5
DmitryS
Aspirant

I have some space consumed by data in SMB folders, but still there is about 950 Gb of free space - if I create new thick LUN it allows me to use up to 800+GB for it, but still it does not allow me to extend my existing LUN.

Where I can get detailed logs to provide you?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements