× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS RND2000 duo

Whizzer
Follower

ReadyNAS RND2000 duo

Hello Everyone

Can anyone help me, I have just got hold of a RND2000 2nd hand. it has a 1tb & a 750Gb drives in it

I am trying to do a factory reset as per manual but all i keep getting is the lights on the front flashing approx every 5 seconds

I have tried with drives in & out but no difference

I have also tried to find it on my network using RAIDer but it cannot find any drives attached 

Has anyone got some suggestions I could try

Thanks in advance

Model: RND2000|ReadyNAS Duo Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS RND2000 duo

@Whizzer wrote:

I have also tried to find it on my network using RAIDar

Try booting up the Duo w/o disks, and see if RAIDar finds it.

You can erase the disks in a Windows PC (using Seatools or WD's Lifeguard tools), or unformat them use Windows Disk Manager.

Then power up the NAS with the disks installed, and it should do a factory install.

@Whizzer wrote:

it has a 1tb & a 750Gb drives in it

If you use the default XRAID/RAID-1 you'll end up with 750 GB of storage.  You should use disks that are the same size.  Your NAS should be able to take up to 2 TB drives.  The Duo v2 (which says Duo v2 on the front panel) can handle larger drives.

@Whizzer wrote:

I have just got hold of a RND2000 2nd hand.

This will be much slower than current ReadyNAS (Netgear stopped shipping these products quite a while ago).  Note it only supports SMB 1.0 - which is being deprecated by Microsoft in Windows 10, and Apple in Calalina.  You can enable SMB 1.0 in Windows 10 - not sure if this is possible with Catalina. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements