× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS RND4000v2 power supply broken

host42
Follower

ReadyNAS RND4000v2 power supply broken

Hi,

the power supply of my customer's RND4000v2 - READYNAS NV+ v2 is broken and I promised to find a replacement for that.

The label on the power supply indicates the output with 12V 7.5A but since it's a 4 pin plug I rather think it's a 12V & 5V PSU.
Also the 7.5A is rather untypical.

I found some similar power supplies with 12v 2A and 5V 2A lines and 60W in total. Would that be enough?

Can I find the exacty specification somewhere? The hardware manual doesn't even mention any power related values.

Any idea how to find a proper replacement?

Model: RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNAS RND4000v2 power supply broken

Actually, the 4-pin is VERY typical of a 12V supply with >5A output.  It's just that the need for them is lower.  The barrel connector is used with ≤5A supplies, whihc are more typical.  The problem is that not everyone uses the same pin-out.  You need one where pins 1 & 2 (on the side with the key/flat spot) are +5 and the other 2 are ground.  Beware that some who sell them hide which it has, so avoid them.  I know there are some specifically listed on Amazon and eBay as being for the RN104, and those are compatible with the NV+V2.

A Google search with ReadyNAS and DIN Plug will yield many forum discussions that give specific brands and models that work.  Don't bother with the search function in the forum itself, it's abominable.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements