× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Supported External Drives?

AvicoAV
Follower

ReadyNAS Supported External Drives?

Hi all!

I had a WD MyPassport 3TB that worked on all three USB ports at one point and then it stopped working. I read some posts about formatting the WD and trying again. I’ve formatted it in every format possible but I keep getting a destination error when I try to back up from the button on the front or the ReadyNAS software. I believe the hard drove in the WD may be bad because I can’t access it anymore on my pc, it doesn’t even show up as a drive.

Any suggestions for a plug and play hard drive that I can unbox, plug into the front port, and then press back up?

I’d love to know what others have done. Thanks!
Model: ReadyNASRNDP2230|ReadyNAS Pro 2 6TB (3 x 2TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @AvicoAV

Welcome to the Community!

It is possible that there is an issue with your WD Passport already causing it not to be read in the NAS or PC. It will be better if you can check your external drive with the Manufacturer provided software for testing like the WD Lifeguard to confirm if it has issues.

External USB Drives should be supported, it is recommended that USB drives should have BTRFS, EXT2/3, FAT32 or NTFS format.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Also, I suggest powering it externally (not using the USB port for power).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements