× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Ultra 2 - Time Machine restore not working

cooperehlers
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 2 - Time Machine restore not working

I am trying to restore a Macbook with a Time Machine backup on my NAS. The sparsebundle is accessable on the NAS when logging in with user: ReadyNAS and the password I set. But it says incorrect password when I try to use those details to restore the laptop. When I enter in the admin details I get the loading symbol then nothing.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 - Time Machine restore not working

@cooperehlers

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked on this thread already? It discussed here some of the things that they have done on checking and accessing the Sparsebundle

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Need-to-restore-from-Time-Machine-b...

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cooperehlers

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked on this thread already? It discussed here some of the things that they have done on checking and accessing the Sparsebundle

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Need-to-restore-from-Time-Machine-b...

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 3
cooperehlers
Aspirant

Hi,

Yes I had a look through that but there didn't seem to be a solution. Just looking at it now it would have helped if I read the very last post on the last page. I entered in the adress of the ReadyNAS folder, not the sparsebundle, in the 'other server' option. It worked then but still had a couple different issues with migration assistant. When i tried in recovery mode it worked. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements