× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Ultra 2 plus Corrupt root directory.

fobot
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 2 plus Corrupt root directory.

Hi

Noticed quite a lot of older posts on migrating from os4 to os6

http://netgear.nas-central.org/wiki/OS6_on_Legacy_x86

All the links are dead now though. I've tried modifying the header of the latest os6 firmware, it now accepts the firmware but says it failed to be validated (md5, file size are identical)

Anyone have new links or hints on what im doing wrong? I've change arch and description

Thanks

Model: RNDP200U|READYNAS ULTRA 2 PLUS|EOL
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 plus Corrupt root directory.

I've sent you a PM with the latest files grabbed from my archive.

If you install the PREP add-on you avoid the need to do a factory reset manually using the boot menu as it will trigger one at the appropriate time after you reboot to install the upgrade to OS6. That's handy especially if the unit is at a remote site and heading over there would be time consuming.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
bedlam1
Prodigy

Just follow the guide here, partcularly the update Bios whilst still running 4.2.xx LINK

Read all posts

Do not power off when updating Bios 

Message 2 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You need to change more fields than that. The name field needs to be changed from ReadyNASOS to RAIDiator

Updating the BIOS is not essential. It's optional. If you do want to do it check to see if you're running the latest BIOS or not first. It is easier to update the BIOS whilst still on RAIDiator-x86

Message 3 of 6
fobot
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll try change the name and try again

I've done the bios already too

Message 4 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you install the PREP add-on you avoid the need to do a factory reset manually using the boot menu as it will trigger one at the appropriate time after you reboot to install the upgrade to OS6. That's handy especially if the unit is at a remote site and heading over there would be time consuming.

Message 5 of 6
fobot
Aspirant

@mdgm-ntgr wrote:

Amazing , thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements