× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Ultra 6 stuck at "ReadyNAS" boot - no Upgrade!

Bert_AT
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 6 stuck at "ReadyNAS" boot - no Upgrade!

Hi Community,

I have the same problem as described in THIS  thread, but I have not upgraded the operating system. It was still running on 4.2.31 (as far as i remember).
I just did a factory reset from the boot menu. I then deleted all 6 installed hard drives using the raidar program. The deletion process ran overnight and was probably completed successfully - at about 40% I checked the last time and the next day the NAS was switched off.

Since then I can no longer boot the device and I can no longer get into the boot menu. Only the familiar "ReadyNAS" appears on the display.

Do I have to proceed in the same way as in the post linked above to troubleshoot, or are there other options due to the different circumstances?

Thank you in advance,
Bert

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 6 stuck at "ReadyNAS" boot - no Upgrade!

@Bert_AT wrote:

I just did a factory reset from the boot menu. I then deleted all 6 installed hard drives using the raidar program. The deletion process ran overnight and was probably completed successfully - at about 40% I checked the last time and the next day the NAS was switched off.

Since then I can no longer boot the device and I can no longer get into the boot menu. Only the familiar "ReadyNAS" appears on the display.

Likely a failed power supply (which can be replaced).

Try removing the disks and powering up.  See if you get a "no disks" status on the display.  Likely you won't.

Message 2 of 5
Bert_AT
Aspirant

I just tried. Yes, the message "no disks" appears.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Bert_AT wrote:

I just tried. Yes, the message "no disks" appears.

Ok, then maybe not the PSU.

Do you have a spare disk you can use to do a test install?  

Message 4 of 5
Bert_AT
Aspirant

yes, i have an old disk lying around!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements