× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Ultra 6 stuck at "ReadyNAS" logo

Aldorex
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 6 stuck at "ReadyNAS" logo

Hello

I'm new to the forum, and I've just joined to ask for friendly support, so thanks to anyone willing to read my post.

I was trying to upgrade locally My ReadyNAS Ultra 6 to the 4.2.31, but I must have done something wrong: while upgrading the FW, I noticed something like "Error extracting.." on the display and the unit rebooted shortly thereafter, not booting anymore.

I've tried following several similar helpthreads here, and to make things worse I've tried using the USB recovery method, possibly using the wrong version of Firmware too.

Now when booting, the unit is stuck at 88%.

Trying a recovery via USB to 4.2 seems to be ignored (I insert the USB prepared thumb drive, boot the unit while pressing the "Backup" button, but nothing happens.. and the display just has the "ReadyNAS" logo on it.

If I long-press reset, I can browse the boot menu but when I press the "Reset" button to accept a choice,any menu choice, nothing happens.

I accept the loss of data, but how I can try to recoved my NAS?

Again, thanks for reading this far and to anyone willing to help!

Update: I've tried also with a spare ATX psu I had around, since some thread suggested it could be a faulty PSU issue.. but still I can't go beyone the "ReadyNAS" logo if trying to boot from a recovery USB disk nor it will finish booting in 'normal' mode. 😞

Model: RNDP600U|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 6 stuck at "ReadyNAS" logo

The NAS is finicky about the USB devices it will accept for a USB recovery.  Not being able to use the boot menu points to needing that, though there may also be an issue with the data volume.  Try another USB drive, and stick with USB2 only and <8GB, and you may have better luck.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Before you try another USB recovery, I suggest removing the disks (labeling them by slot), and powering up the NAS diskless.  Normally you'll see a no disks status on the LCD when you do this.  If you see this status, the USB recovery might not be needed.

Message 3 of 4
Aldorex
Aspirant

Thanks for the kind reply!

I don't know why, but I also had to do a Factory Reset before the USB key was recognized.

Again, thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements