× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra Duo in Berlin

avicenne13
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra Duo in Berlin

Hi all,

Couple months ago, I was instructed here to buy a ReadyNAS Ultra DUO, rather than the old DUO. I decided to wait for it since the new one is not available at where I live (Istanbul).

I will be in Berlin for the first week of February, and I decided that I might buy one there. Can anyone in this forum point me in the right direction so that I buy one?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is no such thing as the ReadyNAS Ultra Duo. I presume you are referring to the new ReadyNAS Duo v2 (RND2000-200) which became available from November 13th 2011? Or are you referring to the Ultra 2 (RNDU2000)?

You might want to take a look at online availability etc.

Do be aware that power adapters included can vary from country to country, there may be custom duties taking a NAS from country to country, language of included documentation for the NAS may vary (though the documentation you need is available online and the NAS itself is the same) and there may be implications to do with support should you need it.
Message 2 of 7
PapaBear1
Guide

The recommendation was for him to get the Ultra 2. His previous discussion is here: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=56625&p=320092#p320092.

Avicene13 - the recommendation is still valid. I think the Ultra2 is a better choice than the newer Duo v2 as the latter does not have all the feature or add on's available that the x-86 based ReadyNAS units do. (Ultra/Ultra Plus/Pro lines)
Message 3 of 7
avicenne13
Aspirant

Thank you for the fast replies. Apologies for my illiteracy on the subject; I was referring to RNDU2000.

Power will not be an issue since Germany and Turkey do share the same plugs and voltage. For the customs part, as long as you have it as your personal product, you are allowed to bring it in.

I've found it in amazon.de; but I was curious if there is a brick and mortar store that I can physically purchase it.
Message 4 of 7
avicenne13
Aspirant

Anyone? I am there next week.
Message 5 of 7
boywithumbrella
Aspirant

Do you speak German?
My recommendation for an electronics store is CyberPort (they do online sales and have 2 local shops in Berlin). You can check online ( cyberport.de ) if your desired model is available for in-store pick up when you arrive in Berlin and get it there. Do keep in mind that the availability check is basically valid for no longer than a day, so it wouldn't make much sense to check now if you arrive in a week.
Message 6 of 7
avicenne13
Aspirant

Ordered from the cyberport website, picked up the items from the store. Thank you for your help.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements