× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS and Alexa

Gruncle1
Guide

ReadyNAS and Alexa

I have a NAS 202 loaded with music and hooked to my Orbi router.  How can I cxonnect it to Alexa Home Echo?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS and Alexa

@Marc_V wrote:

To have Alexa play Music from the ReadyNAS you will have to use DLNA. You may want to check this Alexa skill.

This particular skill requires you to index your music on a PC, and then upload that index to an OurJukebox account.

Plex also has Alexa integration, so if you are running Plex you could try that.  Though I haven't been that impressed with it myself.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Gruncle1

Currently it is not possible to integrate the ReadyNAS system to Alexa, the NETGEAR skill that Alexa has are for the routers as of the moment and it's voice commands are mainly for Router functions like enabling/disabling Guest Network or rebooting the router.

To have Alexa play Music from the ReadyNAS you will have to use DLNA. You may want to check this Alexa skill.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

This particular skill requires you to index your music on a PC, and then upload that index to an OurJukebox account.

Plex also has Alexa integration, so if you are running Plex you could try that.  Though I haven't been that impressed with it myself.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements