× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS failed power suppply

elaux402
Aspirant

ReadyNAS failed power suppply

I have a failed power supply that I am trying to replace. The model on the old power supply is ST-220FUB-05E. When I look up this model number I keep finding power supplies that will fit physically but the DC output is off. 12v DC for instance only provides 7A and the replacements all provide 14A. The total power is usually off as well. The failed supply is 110W and new units are usually around 220W. Does anyone know where I can get a power supply that will work? I am afraid that the unit I keep seeing will provide too many amps and fry the unit.

Model: ReadyNASRNDX4000|ReadyNAS NVX Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
bedlam1
Prodigy

Re: ReadyNAS failed power suppply

According to an Amazon offering for that part no. the PSU autosenses 110 or 220VAC

Also if you look  here http://www.seventeam.com.tw/product_contentx.php?theme_select=1english&pid=146&cid=186

you will see that the minimum amps 12 VDC are 1 , the nominal are 7 amps and the maximum are 14 amps

If you replace like for like i.e. Seventeam ST-220FUB-05E I feel confident you will be fine

Which NAS model is it for?

Message 2 of 5
elaux402
Aspirant

It is a readyNAS NVX or RNDX4000

Message 3 of 5
bedlam1
Prodigy

Oh it is a NVX, the wiring is modified for that model

You should investigate this item LINK  a UK company but ship worldwide

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

As long as the available power is more than on the old one, there is no problem.  The device will only draw what it needs.  The supply is rated at the max it can provide.  If you are purchasing a standard Flex ATX and changing rewiring yourself, make sure there is only one 12V bus.  You cannot tie two together to provide the total power needed and the 12C busses typically shouldn't have no load (if you were to use only one).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements