× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS link/icon

D1JL
Tutor

ReadyNAS link/icon

Pardon the newbie question.

When I first set up my NAS it was there, now it has disappeared.

Let me explain.

On my PC (Windows 10) I go to File Explorer, the next window that comes up is Frequent Folders.

On that page I click This PC and many things come up however under Network Locations there once was a link/icon for my ReadyNAS.

It has disappeared, and I don’t know what I have done to make it go away.

Is there a way to reinstall this link/icon?

Thanks.

Dave

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Can you still access the NAS by entering \\nas-name or \\nas-ip-address in the file explorer address bar ?

(use the real name or IP address of course).

If so, you've run into a windows discovery issue.  There's no surefire fix.  There are a couple of workarounds - you can create shortcuts on the desktop, or you can add shares as "network locations" in file explorer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Can you still access the NAS by entering \\nas-name or \\nas-ip-address in the file explorer address bar ?

(use the real name or IP address of course).

If so, you've run into a windows discovery issue.  There's no surefire fix.  There are a couple of workarounds - you can create shortcuts on the desktop, or you can add shares as "network locations" in file explorer.

Message 2 of 3
D1JL
Tutor

Thank you for your responce.

Yes, I can access my ReadyNAS I was just hoping to reinstall the orignal Link/Logo.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements