× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS pro 6 can't login to admin or shares page

dssddsfas334
Aspirant

ReadyNAS pro 6 can't login to admin or shares page

I have a ReadyNAS Pro 6 with 6 500gb hard drives in it, a month ago I decided to format and reset it and I must've mistyped the password or done something wrong because now I can't login to the admin or shares page. I have tried booting to the boot menu and I have done multiple OS Reinstalls and factory resets and I still can't login. The ReadyNAS worked fine before I reset it and according to RAIDar its running raidiator 4.2.24. Does anyone know why the OS Reinstall boot option does nothing?

Model: RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS pro 6 can't login to admin or shares page

The default admin password is netgear1

Is that what you are using?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The default admin password is netgear1

Is that what you are using?

Message 2 of 4
dssddsfas334
Aspirant

Thank you, I was using "password"

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Since you are already starting over from scratch, you may want to consider upgrading your Pro6 to OS6.  It is not officially supported, meaning you lose access to Netgear support (but not forum support), but the improvement is, IMHO, quite well worth it.  Additionally, you gain the ability to simply migrate your drives to a native OS6 system if the Pro6 fails or you decide you need something faster.

Is yours truly a "Pro6" (RNDP6000-200), or an older ProBE or Pro Pioneer?  If it's the former, you'll just need to upgrade memory to at least 2GB.  If one of the latter, you may also want to upgrade the processor.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements