× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS316 - Email notification won't work from 8 July 2020

Max_NAS
Tutor

ReadyNAS316 - Email notification won't work from 8 July 2020

I've received an email from Google saying ReadyNAS Email Notification will stop working from 8 July 2020 (ie. no longer send notifications to my GMAIL).

The email goes on to say that ReadyNAS Email Notification has not passed Google's verification process.

Please could NETGEAR/ ReadNAS rectify this?

Thanks,

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS316 - Email notification won't work from 8 July 2020

@Max_NAS

You might have gotten the notice since they constantly update. The same goes for ReadyNAS, signing out and signing back in should get it done.

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Max_NAS

What OS6 version are you using? Have you tried logging in again on your alerts settings and Google drive service?

Regards

Message 2 of 5
Max_NAS
Tutor

The service still works - my point is that it is going to stop working from 8 JULY 2020 (according to the email I received).

I'd like to know if Netgear/ ReadNAS is aware of this and if something could be done to keep the Google Notification service running after 8 July 2020.

Firmware = 6.10.3

The full wording of the email is as follows;

Hello,

Beginning 8 July 2020, the following app will no longer have access to your Gmail data

ReadyNAS Email Notification

Google has always worked to design our tools and services with security at their core. Last year, we proactively updated the Google user data policy to better protect Gmail users.

All apps listed above have not passed our required verification process and, as a result, will no longer be able to access your Gmail data starting 8 July 2020.

Without access to your Gmail data, this app may not work as intended. If you have any questions, please contact the developer of the app.

You can also use the Security Check-Up tool to view, manage and remove any apps that you have given access to your Google Account.

Thanks,
The Google Accounts Team

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Max_NAS

You might have gotten the notice since they constantly update. The same goes for ReadyNAS, signing out and signing back in should get it done.

HTH

Regards

Message 4 of 5
Max_NAS
Tutor

Thanks Marc_V,

If I understand correctly, I should ignore the email and simply try to re-sign back in if it's not working after 8th May.

Will do.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements