× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 2 pro ethernet pasthrough

MegaBlindy
Follower

ReadyNas 2 pro ethernet pasthrough

HI all,

I was trying to configure my readynas to make the second ethernet port on it to passthrough traffic to my home router as all of my router ports are occupied. I wanted to connect an old NAS to it so i could transfer all the data easily. Is this a possible thing?

Model: RNDP2000|ReadyNAS Pro 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 2 pro ethernet pasthrough

@MegaBlindy wrote:

HI all,

I was trying to configure my readynas to make the second ethernet port on it to passthrough traffic to my home router as all of my router ports are occupied. I wanted to connect an old NAS to it so i could transfer all the data easily. Is this a possible thing?

I don't think you can set it up as passthrough (at least I know of no one here who has done that successfully).

It's simpler to just connect the second NAS to your router or connect both to an inexpensive switch - and there is no performance penalty for doing that.

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNas 2 pro ethernet pasthrough

You can connect the NASes directly together if you first set each with a static IP for the port that will be connected to the other.  I recommend they not be in the same subnet as your network.  The old NAS will not be accessible via your network nor have access to it, but you can use a backup job from one to the other.   But with a 5-port switch being quite cheap, that's the better approach.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements