× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 212 offline/online Cloud notifications

Gilfammedicine
Aspirant

ReadyNas 212 offline/online Cloud notifications

Evyerday, i get exactly 33 messages saying the ReadyNas is offline and 33 messages that say it is back online. The Online and Offline messages are spaced 2 minutes apart. We haven't had any issue connecting with the ReadyNas Cloud yet so i assume it is going down and then immediately coming back online. Any reason why? We just set it up andi am worried something is failing..

Model: RN212D22|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Gilfammedicine
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas 212 offline/online Cloud notifications

Thank you for the reply! We had already set up the DNS addresses on our NIC when the problem started and had setup the NAS with our firewall and Endpoint as well. The problem turned out to be a software issue. I found that there was a new update that we needed and after the update, the NAS has been very quick! I guess sometimes the easiest solution is the correct solution. Since i am new to the readyNAS interface, i missed that it needed an update. I will be checking this on a regular basis now. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Gilfammedicine

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried setting up DNS addresses on your NIC? or do you have any security software installed on your computer that might block the connection on the NAS. Are you having any Internet connection issues?

Kindly send me a link to your downloaded logs so we can check it as well. 

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Gilfammedicine
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply! We had already set up the DNS addresses on our NIC when the problem started and had setup the NAS with our firewall and Endpoint as well. The problem turned out to be a software issue. I found that there was a new update that we needed and after the update, the NAS has been very quick! I guess sometimes the easiest solution is the correct solution. Since i am new to the readyNAS interface, i missed that it needed an update. I will be checking this on a regular basis now. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements