× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 214 not accessable

Peckstone
Follower

ReadyNas 214 not accessable

Hi all,

New to this so thought id put a post in.

I yesterday plugged in my readynas and plaggued in the hard drived also, followed by the nas updating over last night.

I first tried to do the readycoud setup which never found the nas even though me and the nas are connected by ethernet to the same network for which i dont know why, even after holding the discovery button for the five seconds as told. After then i went to RAIDar ad found it. I did the setup wizard but i could not do yet as i had not set up ports and was not sure on that part of the setup, because of this it went to the admin panel and everything was on default.

I updated the firmware then tried to restart as i was not sure if that would help ready cound find it if it refreshed.

I now hav ethe problem where RAIDar can see it but cant access the admin menu anymore, let alone get readycloud or any other features.

Any help would be great on this and overal setup as what i have doesn't really help.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 214 not accessable

@Peckstone wrote:

I updated the firmware then tried to restart 

What did you update the firmware to?

Did you install only one hard drive?

What are you seeing on the LCD panel?

@Peckstone wrote:

I now have the problem where RAIDar can see it but cant access the admin menu anymore, 

What status is RAIDar giving you?

BTW you don't need RAIDar to access the admin menu - you can directly browse to it.  The URL is https://nas-ip-address/admin (using the real IP address of course).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements