× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas NV+ - Disk Issues

Hondo
Follower

ReadyNas NV+ - Disk Issues

Hi All,

I'm having some issues with my unit and wanted to get some advise. I have the ReadyNas NV+ with firmware RAIDiator 4.1.13 [1.00a043] installed. Today it reported an issue with one of the disk and it starting a clicking noise. I should have
backed up everything but I decided to restart the unit and it couldn't access the volume. I had Raid 0 on it because i wanted space more than redundancy. Anyway, I lost everything so there wasn't anything I could do. I replaced the faulty disk 3 with the same exact brand model (Seagate Barracuda 2tb) hard drive which I just bought from the shops. Restarted everything and set the unit back to factory setting and it went ahead and created a new volume. But in the RAIDar im seeing the light for the disk 4 is continuously flashing and all other lights are on. When I look at the unit it self, its also doing the same. I'm not sure if this an issue and If should worry about before I start dumping files on the nas drive. Also note that I setup the unit this time in Raid 5.

Also when I look in the "Volume" tab and then go to "Volumes Settings" under raid disk the light is also flashing, and it doesnt have some of the information that it has in the other disks. See attached screenshot.

Is this something I should be worried about or is this how it meant to look in RAID 5? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hondo
Message 1 of 2
vandermerwe
Master

Re: ReadyNas NV+ - Disk Issues

It looks OK.
Wait for the resync (recovery) to finish. At that point all disk lights should be on and green and your volume should say redundant.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements