× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas NV+ Fan Replacement Question

muts8979
Follower

ReadyNas NV+ Fan Replacement Question

Hi

I know this type of question has been posted several times but I don't think any of the answers really helped me.

I have 3 ReadyNAS NV+ machines (all 4 Disks capacities) RND 4000, RND 4000 V3 and RND 4250. One has a very nice quiet Crown AGE09225 12L fan and the other 2 have nosier YSTECH FD1 129225HB-N fans. Ideally I'd like to buy 2 more Crown fans but can't find a supplier. Lots of people seem to recommend the Noctua NF-B9 fan but the spec seems way off the standard Crown fan supplied with the original unit.

I have found the StarTech.com 90x25mm High Air Flow Dual Ball Bearing Computer Case Fan w/ TX3 - 92 mm - 2600 rpm Dual Ball Bearing on Novatech's web site that appears to be almost the exact match for the Crown.

https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/cooling/fans/92mm/fan9x25tx3h.html 

My questions are has anyone ever fitted this or have any thoughts on its suitability?

Many thanks 

Model: RND4000 |ReadyNAS NV+ v1|EOL,RND4250v1|READYNAS NV+ v1|EOL
Message 1 of 2
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas NV+ Fan Replacement Question

Hello muts8979,

I'm responding to keep your topic alive and somehow catch attention of other community members to share their thoughts and ideas.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements