× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page et al

derekca
Aspirant

ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page et al

Hi there @mdgm-ntgr 

s/n 2H0523R500307 

ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page AND volumes won't mount on OSX desktop. I have [4] 3TB drives installed. This problem has happened before and Netgear did a TeamViewer session and remoted in to do some sort of database clean up on the unit. I took some notes and the tech said, "You just need to rescan Readydlna database every 1-2 years, as the fille size will not be growed in a certain time frame. Rescanning readydlna db will delete old db file and create a new one, and you don't need to do anything on the file".  [Granted he had some challenges with his grammar but I understood the gist of what he was saying}

I have data on the NAS which I plan on moving to a newer unit but I have to get it to mount first.  I don't know what the Netgear tech did but I'm willing to pay for some help.  Help me someone.......  thanks

Model: ReadyNASRNDP6610D|ReadyNAS Pro 6 6TB (6 x 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNas Pro 6 Frontview empty page et al

It sounds like your OS partition has filled up.  I was not aware that the ReadyDLNA database resides there.  Netgear should know better.  There are a lot of posts here about that, but you are unlikely to find them via the forum search.  Google tends to find things better.

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

I was not aware that the ReadyDLNA database resides there.  

They did provide an add-on to move it (or at least the cache) to the data volume.  After you get the OS partition issue resolved, then you can install that add-on from here:  http://www.readynas.com/download/addons/x86/4.2/Toggle_ReadyDLNA_CacheDir_1.0-x86.bin

This is a "toggle" add-on.  There is no UI; it installs silently.  You remove it by installing it a second time, so be careful not to do that.  

On the immediate issue (full OS partition) Options are to

• engage Netgear support via my.netgear.com.  Ask about per-incident support.  
  • do a factory reset, reconfigure your NAS, and restore the data from a backup.
  • use ssh (perhaps in tech support mode) to clean the OS partition.

Another option would be to convert the NAS to OS-6 (DLNA there already does use the data volume).  You'd lose all data, so you'd need to have a full backup.  Note that you wouldn't be able to use paid netgear support in the future if you do this conversion.

I don't recommend the ssh option unless you are already familiar with ssh/linux command line.  This isn't a good time to learn it.  

Message 3 of 5
derekca
Aspirant

@Sandshark

thank you so much for taking the time to respond!  Yes, I have been googling and the roads to Rome tend to lead back here to the Netgear forum.  I'm just trying to expedite a solution and do whatever the Netgear guys did a while ago without having to wait for a weekday when they are in.  I'll keep searching!  Again, thanks.

Message 4 of 5
derekca
Aspirant

Hi @StephenB

yeah, i THOUGHT i had a cloud backup but that turned out to not be the case so that's why I'm leary of the SSH method as I am not that saavy.  It's probably prudent to just wait and do a per incident support.  Thanks for your time in chiming in.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements