× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas Pro 6 - Unit Failure

StephenB
Guru

The logging is actually down by systemd-journald.  I believe the logs are extracted on-the-fly when you ask for them.

If you enable ssh you can browse the log directly with journalctl.

Message 26 of 30
Deal
Tutor

Seems good. File locking comes to mind, and I don't know how OS6 file locking works so I wonder. When I'm browsing the logs with journalctl, is the file locked by my ssh session? If the NAS auto-reboots while I'm browsing, and the file is locked open so that I can't gracefully close it, will systemd-jounald have problems accessing the logs upon reboot? Seems like I'd want to be in and out as fast as possible. Maybe extract a date range into a separate file that I could browse on my PC. I'll have to look up journalctl to see if that's possible and how to do it.

Man I'm beginning to regret the upgrade. I went from a system that was working stably albeit slowly and a little warm, to one that appears to be on the brink of failure.

Message 27 of 30
Sandshark
Sensei

I have yet to come across a replacement supply I'm happy with.  I tried out an APEVIA SFX-AP400W, and it seemed to work well, and has a reasonable price, but I wasn't happy that I needed to use a Y cable or SATA power adapter to get enough 4-pin Molex connections.  It was just a test, so I didn't run it very long.

Message 28 of 30
Deal
Tutor

Fortunately I didn't have to deal with finding a new power supply. Apparently, the upgrade from 6.10.1 to 6.10.2 fixed whatever the problem was. The NAS has been up and running with no issues for almost a month now. I'm back to thrilled!

Message 29 of 30
StephenB
Guru

@Deal wrote:

The NAS has been up and running with no issues for almost a month now. I'm back to thrilled!

Great!  Thx for updating us.

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements