× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Pro Pioneer Edition compatible disks

puterdude
Aspirant

ReadyNas Pro Pioneer Edition compatible disks

I just wanted to reach out for advice.  

I'm not having much luck finding drives that are in the "compatible" list.  Sure, some are available, but they are mostly used at this point.

Seems to me the best course of action is to basically abandon this NAS and upgrade to a new, supported model?

I store client backup images and have a large CD music collection that I stream off of this box.

Thanks in advance ...

Mike

Model: RNDP600E (ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer Edition)|ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer Edition|EOL
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Pro Pioneer Edition compatible disks

@puterdude wrote:

I'm not having much luck finding drives that are in the "compatible" list.  Sure, some are available, but they are mostly used at this point.

Netgear doesn't keep it up to date for legacy NAS (honestly, they are also too slow for the newest models too).

Any WD Red Plus or Ironwolf drive will work.  I don't recommend WD Red as they are all SMR - as are many desktop drives, so I don't recommend using them either.

You can also use any enterprise class drive (WD Red Pro, Ironwolf Pro, and many others).

@puterdude wrote:

Seems to me the best course of action is to basically abandon this NAS and upgrade to a new, supported model?

FWIW, the Pro Pioneer model can be converted to run OS-6.  Though I do recommend upgrading the RAM to 2 GB if you want to do this.  You could also upgrade the CPU if you are so inclined.

Message 2 of 3
puterdude
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas Pro Pioneer Edition compatible disks

Thank you for the quick response.

I'll go with the drive options you recommended.

Much appreciated!

The box runs well except for a few aing drives I have.  

Thanks

Mike

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements