× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyn Nas RN426 slow and unresponsive and not browsable via smb share

MatthewVH24
Follower

Readyn Nas RN426 slow and unresponsive and not browsable via smb share

Hi There community,

I am in urgent need of assistance i have a netgear Ready Nas RN426 that has 3 x 12TB  drives in it, used space is about 18TB with 4 TB free.

On wednesday the system started disconnecting the users when they were accessing the data on it via SMB shares

When logging in via Radar admin page the os is very slow and unresponsive as well

I tried booting into read only mode but that comes up and says there is no volume, so i rebooted it in normal mode and still the issue persists.

I managed to to connect via another nas to the data to try and back the data up but the readynas keeps locking up.

Has anyone experienced this?

I am lost as to how to fix this!

As a last resort i am thinking of doing the OS Reinstall, but i am afraid it will lock me out of the NAS and also i can not afford to loose the data.

Please help!!!

Model: RN426|ReadyNAS 426 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 6-Bays
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readyn Nas RN426 slow and unresponsive and not browsable via smb share

@MatthewVH24 wrote:

As a last resort i am thinking of doing the OS Reinstall, but i am afraid it will lock me out of the NAS and also i can not afford to loose the data.

The reinstall shouldn't effect your data.  It will reset the NAS admin password to password, and also will disable volume quota (found on the volume settings wheel).

That said, I don't think it will help, so I don't recommend doing the reinstall just yet.

@MatthewVH24 wrote:

I tried booting into read only mode but that comes up and says there is no volume, so i rebooted it in normal mode and still the issue persists.

This is a very unusual symptom.

One option is to contact paid Netgear support and have them solve it remotely.  That gives you the best chance of preserving your data.

Another is to download the log zip file, and look for more clues on what is going on.  You can ask the mods (for instance @Marc_V ) to analyze the log for you.  But don't post it here - there is privacy leakage when you do that.  Instead copy it to cloud storage (dropbox, google drive, etc), and send a private message with a download link (using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements