× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 104 lock up after upgrading to 6.2.4

Emil889
Tutor

Readynas 104 lock up after upgrading to 6.2.4

Hi!

I have tried to search around the forums to see if there is any known issue with the 6.2.4 release that causes lockups/hangups on the RN 104.
The only thing i found was that older versions like 6.2.3 did have some sort of issue causing this, but does this apply to the new version as well?

When i tried to access the admin interface today it did not respond and there was no way to get the device to respond besides pulling the power cord and forcing a reset.
I have never had any issues with it previously so this was a bit surprising. Does anyone else had any of these problems since upgrading?

Is there any other newer beta release that i can download that solves this?

If this has been answered in any previous post i apologise for making another thread about this issue but i couldn't find any real solution in the previous threads about the 6.2.3 problems.

//Best regards, Emil
Message 1 of 11
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Readynas 104 lock up after upgrading to 6.2.4

Can you check the smart stats on your disks.
Have you received any messages about disk errors?
Do you have any apps installed?

There are no newer beta releases, however there is early access to 6.3.4. I would consider that this is still effectively beta for all units except the 200 units.

Problems like this are often unrelated to the firmware update, so one should still be systematic in excluding other causes before reaching a conclusion that the firmware is the problem.

Has the unit only hung once or is it a recurring problem?
Message 2 of 11
Emil889
Tutor

vandermerwe wrote:
Can you check the smart stats on your disks.
Have you received any messages about disk errors?
Do you have any apps installed?

There are no newer beta releases, however there is early access to 6.3.4. I would consider that this is still effectively beta for all units except the 200 units.

Problems like this are often unrelated to the firmware update, so one should still be systematic in excluding other causes before reaching a conclusion that the firmware is the problem.

Has the unit only hung once or is it a recurring problem?

Sorry for a stupid question, but where do i check the SMART-status of the disks?

The only status-like things i can find is this:
Message 3 of 11
Nhellie
Virtuoso

You can get a more detailed one on Volumes tab, hover the mouse on the disk and it should give you some more info. Check for Temp, ATA errors and Sectors.
Message 4 of 11
StephenB
Guru

You can also download the logs and look in disk_info.log
Message 5 of 11
Emil889
Tutor

Thank you for your help.

Doesn't seem to be any issues with the hard drives, maybe it was a one timer. Will look out if i notice the problem again 🙂
Message 6 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?
Message 7 of 11
juwi_uk
Tutor

Hi

I've:
* seen similar problems on 6.2.4 and only got my ReadyNAS 104 a few days ago so still busy copy files over to it.
* seen an issue where I cant connect to it anymore and only recourse it to pull the power lead and let it reboot once power is reapplied.
* logged a call with Support as I'm 95% sure it happened when I enabled the Anti-virus and it stabilised again when I disabled it!

Julian
Message 8 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Split jcpwn's post into http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=81201 to make it easier to follow.
Message 9 of 11
chemist3
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same problem on my RN104 (4x4tb hdd) 
any help please or a solution?

Message 10 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This is an old thread. You should try 6.2.5 and open a new thread if you still have problems on that. Locking this thread.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements