× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 212 very slow access and write on MacBook

Pacifictonz
Aspirant

Readynas 212 very slow access and write on MacBook

I am outside the 90 days that Netgear will give support.  When I purchased the NAS I was working on a Windows desktop and laptop.   When I needed to replace recently I made the move to MAC thinking everything was fine as my data (photos, videos, documents and music) were all on the NAS.  When I booted it up, connect my Network and it found the NAS I thought it was the perfect solution.  

But while it is able to open the files it takes a VERY long time for one photo and I need to open in the NAS directories first in Finder then go to photoshop or Excel or whatever otherwise it errors each time.  Does anyone have any suggestions, I'm devastated that my machine is lightning fast to edit with but SO VERY SLOW to get each file up or down to storage.  

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 212 very slow access and write on MacBook

If you look in system->settings->services->smb you'll see a "Enhance MacOS" checkbox.  If you haven't enabled that already, then do that first.

There is also a setting for each share (in the share settings wheel) called "strict sync". You could try disabling that.

A third option is to enable the AFP protocol on the NAS and use that.

What firmware is running on the NAS?

Message 2 of 3
Pacifictonz
Aspirant

Re: Readynas 212 very slow access and write on MacBook

Thanks Stephen.  I'd been having some issues accessing the Admin panel on the new laptop but sorted now and have toggled on the Apple option, thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements