× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 4220 support policy for bad drive

acng
Aspirant

Readynas 4220 support policy for bad drive

Hi,

I have a ReadyNAS 4220 which has one of the drives showing grey in the Volumes page and the system is in degraded state. I looked up the NetGear site and it says the waranty is 5 years. However, when I create a support ticket via the support site, it allows me to create a case but requires calling in to get support after case creation. It also states that only the first 90 days phone support is free and I will be charged for "premium phone support." Is the storage covered for free or not? Anyone has experirnce with this?

Thanks,

Model: ReadyNAS-4200|ReadyNAS 4200
Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 4220 support policy for bad drive

Hi acng,

If the hard drives were bundled with the NAS when it was purchased, it should also be covered by the hardware warranty. NETGEAR Support may look for the proof of purchase when you request for the RMA.

You can request online for the RMA of the hard drive. You may check this link for more information.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 4220 support policy for bad drive

Hi acng,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements