× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 6.9.6 update killed php

funglenn
Luminary

Readynas 6.9.6 update killed php

can anyone tell me exactly what this latest update does, i know it fixes:

• Fixed Microsoft OneDrive authentication issue
  • Updated Gmail notifications to follow Google's security requirements

but would it do anything with folder persmissions or PHP version?   i had virtualbox 5.1 running and phpvirtualbox running just fine and I installed this patch and poof! they stopped working.  

Virtualbox still works but no longer autostarts upon boot.

phpVirtualbox no longer works

Model: RN51661E|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay 6x1TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
funglenn
Luminary

Re: Readynas 6.9.6 update killed php

Stephen,

thanks for the idea, i will keep rnxtras.com in mind for future hiccups.  However, when i went back to troubleshoot the system--it was all working just fine! i am very puzzled but happy that it works.  But I am going to take some time to look at versions and insure everything is working well.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What were you running before you updated?

There have been some cases where apache updates have broken PHP before - though I don't recall if 6.9.6 was one of those.  You could try installing the php package offered by @WhoCares_ at rnxtras.com and see if that works.

Message 2 of 3
funglenn
Luminary

Stephen,

thanks for the idea, i will keep rnxtras.com in mind for future hiccups.  However, when i went back to troubleshoot the system--it was all working just fine! i am very puzzled but happy that it works.  But I am going to take some time to look at versions and insure everything is working well.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements