× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas NV+ v2 reporting Fan 1 has failed (SYS 0 rpm)

mattson
Aspirant

Readynas NV+ v2 reporting Fan 1 has failed (SYS 0 rpm)

Hi There,

Today my trusty RND4000v2 reported a Sys fan fail (on front view) and Fan 1 has failed (SYS 0 rpm) in the logs.

I can see and feel the fan is spinning and disk temps are about normal. 

I noticed the fan manufacturer stamp was July 2011 - so I thought for the sake of $15 I'll try a new fan, but it has made no improvement, fan spins, but NAS reports 0rpm, and I get a notification email every 15 minutes.

I did a search and see people talking about firmware downgrades - I'm running 5.3.12 - and a lot of the earlier threads talk about much earlier versions... 

Any suggestions that aren't terminal?

Cheers,

Matt

Model: ReadyNASRND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas NV+ v2 reporting Fan 1 has failed (SYS 0 rpm)

Hi mattson,

I would suggest that you do a back-up for now. In your case, any step might be dangerous to the ReadyNAS at this point.

Once you have a back-up, you could consider the downgrade.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas NV+ v2 reporting Fan 1 has failed (SYS 0 rpm)

Hi mattson,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements