× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas NVX PSU fault and Readynas new model drives compatibility

falpaol_67
Follower

Readynas NVX PSU fault and Readynas new model drives compatibility

My Readynas NVX 4 bays has died (PSU issue) and I'm planning an upgrade in order to simply insert my 4 RAIDs disks (well working) in the new unity and use it.

I've found a full compatibility with RN626X00, could you provide me some further models where I can simply migrate and plug and play my disks?  

Definitely I need a x86 system, not SPARC or ARM

Thanks

Model: ReadyNASRNDX4410|ReadyNAS NVX 4TB (4 x 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@falpaol_67 wrote:

I've found a full compatibility with RN626X00,

Not really.  With x86 OS-6 ReadyNAS, you can temporarily mount your volume so you can offload data.  But you cannot simply migrate the disks - after you offload data, you complete the setup, and that will reformat the disks.  OS-6 uses the BTRFS file system, so you can't simply migrate.  https://kb.netgear.com/29957/ReadyNAS-Migrating-disks-from-RAIDiator-4-2-to-ReadyNAS-OS-6-x86

@falpaol_67 wrote:

could you provide me some further models 

Any OC 6 desktop model of RN300 series or better supports the temporary mounting feature.

For direct migration you'd need to purchase a used OS 4.2 system (pro, ultra, ultra pro).  Anything you find will be at least 5 years old.  You could also replace the PSU in your NVX.

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The current desktop OS6 x86 systems are RN420 series, RN520 series and RN620 series (e.g. the RN626X you mentioned).

I would recommend getting a new system rather than buying a second hand unit with no warranty and no support, even though with a new system you'd need to follow the KB article StephenB linked to above.

If you did replace the PSU in the NVX you'd have to make sure that it's wired appropriately.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements