× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas RND-4000 V3 DEAD PSU

dreymas
Aspirant

Readynas RND-4000 V3 DEAD PSU

Hi, I have just inherited a dead RND-4000 V3 with the mains onboard PSU with kettle lead, I noticed on the forum that some of these may still be replaced under warranty. Does this relate to second users and how to find out if this qualifies ?...Thankyou
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas RND-4000 V3 DEAD PSU

The warranty is for the original purchaser only.

You have the NV+ v1 hardware revision 3.

The part number for the PSU is RND4PSU1 though you may not be able to find these for sale any longer.
Message 2 of 6
dreymas
Aspirant

Thanks for that ....its a doorstop then.
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can rewire a standard PSU but the PSU likely won't fit in the case.
Message 4 of 6
Ramzzz
Aspirant

I have the same problem, a dead PSU (no lights coming on at any time) and tried to find out the exact model of my NAS.

According to the model sticker it's a RND4000 v3... Does this one require the same PSU a stated above?

Serial no: 23J5127E00A86

Thanx!

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Ramzzz wrote:

I have the same problem, a dead PSU (no lights coming on at any time) and tried to find out the exact model of my NAS.

According to the model sticker it's a RND4000 v3... Does this one require the same PSU a stated above?

Yes.  You actually have hardware revision v3 of the V1 (sparc) ReadyNAS.  See http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

The warranty is 5 years, so you might check your purchase date.  If you are the original purchaser, I'd contact Netgear support even if you are out of warranty - they might be able to sell you one.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements