× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas RNDP4000 unable to access admin page or share

MacCollector
Aspirant

Readynas RNDP4000 unable to access admin page or share

I have a Mac OS 10.13.6. After a power outage, I cannot access the admin page or share my ReadyNAS RNDP4000. After the power outage, my NAS automatically went through a Resync cycle. After that completed, I tried Raidar and the NAS showed up but when I clicked on it to "set-up", my web browser said it did not have access to the internet and could not display the page. I have internet. I tried different browsers and still had the problem. When going to the finder on my mac, I can see the NAS show up there but when I click to access it, I get the error "Connection Failed". I tried to connect via Connect to Server but I still cannot connect. I went to my admin page on my Orbi and I can see the NAS there as well. In a nutshell, I can boot up the NAS and can see the NAS in the finder and Raidar but can't connect. Prior to the outage, I had an error message that I have IP address assigned to two different devices (same IP address as my NAS) but when I checked all my devices, there was no other device with that IP address (I have static IP addresses besides) and I no longer receive that error. I never received any other errors that indicated anything was wrong with the unit prior to the power outage.

I've tried the usual: unplug for 30 minutes and tried a new network cable. I did not perform the system reset as I don't want to lose any data or mess anything up until I spoke with a more experienced user.

Model: RNDP4000|ReadyNAS Pro 4 Chassis only
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas RNDP4000 unable to access admin page or share

@MacCollector wrote:

Yes, I tried going directly to the IP address via browsers, but the page won't load.

The /admin bit is important, so make sure you are adding that.

Is ssh enabled on the NAS?

If there is a chance of a duplicate IP address, perhaps disconnect everything else from your home network except the NAS and the PC.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What happens when you ping the NAS?

What status is RAIDar giving you?

Are you seeing any issues on the LCD screen?

Did you try browsing to https://nas-ip-address/admin ? (using the real IP address of course).

Message 2 of 10
MacCollector
Aspirant

Thank you for your quick reply. It's been years since I've "pinged" anything and forgot how to do it with the latest OS.

I downloaded the latest Raidar, installed it and received an error (see screen shot attached).

Raidar says "Healthy"
No issues on the LCD screen - all is normal

Yes, I tried going directly to the IP address via browsers, but the page won't load.

When I go to "Locate" in raidar, I don't see the blinking lights.

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@MacCollector wrote:

The /admin bit is important, so make sure you are adding that.

Is ssh enabled on the NAS?

If there is a chance of a duplicate IP address, perhaps disconnect everything else from your home network except the NAS and the PC.

Message 4 of 10
MacCollector
Aspirant

Thank you for your help. I'm still failing to connect to the NAS. The answers to your questions and the steps I've taken to try and connect are below:

Your questions:

1.Yes, https://10.0.1.28/admin is the address I'm using in the browser.

2. I don't know if ssh is enabled on the NAS as I can't get in to see the set up. I see the NAS on the first admin page but when I click on "setup" the browser (Firefox) can't find the IP address. I get the following error:

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 10.0.1.28.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

3. I have no other device on my network with that IP address. (I checked my connected devices from my Orbi admin page that I reach from Firefox browser).

My attempts:

I tried pinging from the latest version of Firefox, this is the result:

Request timeout for icmp_seq 102
Request timeout for icmp_seq 103
Request timeout for icmp_seq 104
Request timeout for icmp_seq 105
Request timeout for icmp_seq 106
^C
--- 10.0.1.28 ping statistics ---
108 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

I bought a new cat5e cable and replaced the old one. I also switched the cat5e cable to a different port on the Orbi. I also changed the network cable to the bottom port on the NAS.

Message 5 of 10
MacCollector
Aspirant

Thank you for your help. I'm still failing to connect to the NAS. The answers to your questions and the steps I've taken to try and connect are below:

Your questions:

1.Yes, https://10.0.1.28/admin is the address I'm using in the browser.

2. I don't know if ssh is enabled on the NAS as I can't get in to see the set up. I see the NAS on the first admin page but when I click on "setup" the browser (Firefox) can't find the IP address. I get the following error:

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 10.0.1.28.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

3. I have no other device on my network with that IP address. (I checked my connected devices from my Orbi admin page that I reach from Firefox browser).

My attempts:

Request timeout for icmp_seq 103
Request timeout for icmp_seq 104
Request timeout for icmp_seq 105
Request timeout for icmp_seq 106
^C
--- 10.0.1.28 ping statistics ---
108 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

I bought a new cat5e cable and replaced the old one. I also switched the cat5e cable to a different port on the Orbi. I also changed the network cable to the bottom port on the NAS.

Message 6 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Paid support (via my.netgear.com) might be the right next step.  They'd likely want you to boot the NAS in tech support mode from the boot menu, so they could access it remotely.  Don't purchase the gearhead service - that won't cover the NAS.  Instead ask for per-incident support (which should be about $75 USD).

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@MacCollector wrote:

Exactly how are you doing this?  Some of the methods I've seen might not work for addresses on your local LAN.

The normal way to ping on a mac is here: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/ping-test-mac-3524076/

Message 8 of 10
Sandshark
Sensei

Do you have both LAN ports plugged in?  If so, unplug one.  And check to see if you accidently assigned both ports to the same address.  The 2 ports on the NAS may be the "two devices" sharing an address.  If you just hav one plugged in, plug in the other (and use RAIDar or your router to determine the new IP address).

Reserving an address on your router is a better solution to fixing the IP address than setting a static IP on the NAS.

Message 9 of 10
MacCollector
Aspirant

I'm all set now. I renamed the IP address for my computer and that worked. Thank you so much for your help.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements