× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Ultra 2 - Hard Drive Compatibility

Arkhenia63
Aspirant

Readynas Ultra 2 - Hard Drive Compatibility

Hello,

I have 2 Readynas Systems : One Readynas 312 with 2x3Tb (Seagate NAS HDD ST3000VN000) and one Readynas Ultra 2 with 2x2Tb (Samsung 2Tb)

On my Readynas Ultra 2 one of my Hard Drive is indicated as dead since this morning.

So I want to use my 3Tb drives in my Readynas Ultra 2 and replace my 3Tb by new 4Tb drives. But in the HCL of Readynas Ultra 2 only Seagate NAS HDD 2Tb and 4Tb are indicated as tested

Does anybody use 3Tb Seagate NAS HDD in Readynas Ultra 2 ?

The firmware of the Readynas Ultra 2 is 4.2.31

Thanks for your help

Model: ReadyNAS RNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas Ultra 2 - Hard Drive Compatibility

Hi @Arkhenia63

Welcome to the Community!

The 3TB ST3000VN000 has the same feature and specs with the other two models and also designed for use with NAS so we can say that it will work with your Ultra2 and the HCL has not been updated for a while now, perhaps Ultra 2 owners who have tried this specific model can share their experience with it.

We always suggest choosing the hard drives listed on the HCL since NETGEAR have thoroughly tested the models with the ReadyNAS units.

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Arkhenia63

Welcome to the Community!

The 3TB ST3000VN000 has the same feature and specs with the other two models and also designed for use with NAS so we can say that it will work with your Ultra2 and the HCL has not been updated for a while now, perhaps Ultra 2 owners who have tried this specific model can share their experience with it.

We always suggest choosing the hard drives listed on the HCL since NETGEAR have thoroughly tested the models with the ReadyNAS units.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Arkhenia63

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
Arkhenia63
Aspirant

Hi all Netgear Community and @Marc_V

I took time with the winter holidays to get back online my NAS

So the Seagate NAS 3Tb HDD (ST3000VN000) works fine in my Readynas Ultra 2 (Firmware 4.2.31).

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Arkhenia

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements