× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas duo v2, new member

aaccee
Aspirant

Readynas duo v2, new member

Hi, new member with a few questions. I have installed 2 x 2tb new compatible drives and have raidar up and running.
Q: On the Raidar panel it shows 5.3.4 under the i heading but 4.3.4 when you click on 'about' is this normal, and is this the most up to date Raidar available?
Q: I do not have any indicator light under on the Raidar panel under the volume status, but there is a green volume light showing at the base of the Dashboard panel, is this normal?
Q: I cannot add a new share on dashboard, all appears ok throughout the process, I ignore the incorrect/invalid share or character. What is the correct process?
Thanks for any help, paul
Message 1 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas duo v2, new member

aaccee wrote:

Q: On the Raidar panel it shows 5.3.4 under the i heading but 4.3.4 when you click on 'about' is this normal, and is this the most up to date Raidar available?

Yes this is normal. RAIDiator 5.3.4 (shown in the Info - far right - column) is the latest firmware for your NAS. RAIDar 4.3.4 is the latest version of the application that runs on your client machine to discover your NAS, monitor it and choose RAID mode if doing a factory reset.
aaccee wrote:

Q: I do not have any indicator light under on the Raidar panel under the volume status, but there is a green volume light showing at the base of the Dashboard panel, is this normal?

You should see an indicator light in RAIDar.
aaccee wrote:

Q: I cannot add a new share on dashboard, all appears ok throughout the process, I ignore the incorrect/invalid share or character. What is the correct process?

So when you login to the NAS e.g. \\ip.address.of.nas you don't see the new share you attempted to create?
Message 2 of 10
aaccee
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the reply, no I don't see any volume on the Raidar panel and nor do I see a new share in Dashboard when I try to create one. Background as to where I am at present: The readynas duo v2 was a diskless unit and I added the 2 new hdd's and followed the set-up wizard for Raidar. As it is all new gear I haven't done resets, and am not sure if I needed to. Paul
Message 3 of 10
PapaBear1
Guide

What make and model of drives did you install?
Message 4 of 10
aaccee
Aspirant

They are WDC WD20EARX 00 PASBO 2tb, I also see that in the log the 'volume scan failed to run properly' and 'the paths for the shares listed could not be found' , I'm still feeling my way around.
Paul
Message 5 of 10
PapaBear1
Guide

aaccee - If there is no green indicator showing for the volume in RAIDar, then it is not recognizing the disks. If the drives had been initialized and synchronized you should have a green indicator light for the overall status to the left of the MAC address column indicating that the overall status is OK. You should also have a green indicator light in the first column to the right of the IP address indication that the volume had been established and was OK. You should also have two green indicator lights for the drives indicating that they are OK. The fact that you have a blank volume status light means that no disks are being recognized. I would then assume that the status lights for your two disks are also blank.

You could try removing one of the two disks (bay 2) and perform another factory default. A one disk install will only take about 20 minutes or so since it does no synchronization. If you get the normal green lights when it is finished, remove that drive and repeat with the second drive. If that comes up with all green lights, then I would hot add the first drive to the empty bay and let it resynch. Once it has finished, check the status.

The drives are definitely on the HCL so I'm not sure why you are having so much trouble.

You might also want to try connecting the HDs to your PC via an SATA port on the motherboard and run the vendor tools. If the pass, then there is an apparent problem with the unit. At that point you should probably contact technical support. You do have 90 days of free telephone support following your purchase date.
Message 6 of 10
aaccee
Aspirant

Hi, many thanks for your reply which I read this morning. I will follow the instructions at home tonight and get back to you, Paul
Message 7 of 10
aaccee
Aspirant

Update, I have removed hdd 2 and completed a factory reset on hdd 1 but the volume indicator is still blank. The indicator light shows the presence of hdd 1 (there were 2 lights before I removed hdd 1). The log shows the status of hdd 1 as ok as it did for both before,and is still showing that the volume scan failed to run and the share path could not be found. The status light on the far left is on (& was before).
When you referred to 'initialisation and synchronising' I assumed this was an auto feature when the disks were first installed (by me) and the unit powered up. At this point I will give support a ring and see if they can help speed things along. Thanks again I will be in touch. paul
Message 8 of 10
aaccee
Aspirant

It is all a bit clearer now, after speaking with support I was advised to reload the OS, and while reading the instructions realised that in fact I had not completed the factory reset correctly. Instead of reloading the OS I went back a step and did a factory reboot which completed o/nite and all is well. Thank you for your assistance, no doubt I will be in touch as I progress towards my goal of digitising my music and streaming it. Paul
Message 9 of 10
PapaBear1
Guide

I am glad that all is well now. The forum is a great source of info for all users and the members can help with software and installations, but I was concerned there was a hardware issue.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements