× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset ReadyNes Duo v2 to Factory Settings

ETix
Aspirant

Reset ReadyNes Duo v2 to Factory Settings

Hi,

My unit is running on the new beta firmware. I modified the active directory settings and now I cannot connect via browser. It keeps telling me that the unit is offline, but I can browse all my folders via My Computer.

How can I reset the unit back to factory settings? I have tried to power it down and then press the reset button on the back and power it up holding the reset button in. But no go.

Any help is greatly appreciative.

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Reset ReadyNes Duo v2 to Factory Settings

Here is the link to the Factory Default procedure as listed in the FAQ.

Here is an image of the portion you want:

I think that between step four and five, you are supposed to release the reset button. In step 4 it says to continue to press the reset button UNTIL ... which means that once all the listed lights are lit, you release it and go to step 5. Note also that after the desired LED is lit (Disk 1 LED for a FD) then you again press and release the reset button. If you were still holding it, you could not again press it.

Note that a Factory Default will NOT remove the Beta firmware and reload the previous version. What it does is wipe the drives of all data and settings, reinitialize the drives, reinstall the firmware from the flash memory and resynchronize the drives. The firmware on the flash memory of your unit is currently the Beta. When you download a new firmware, it first copies it onto the flash memory and then installs it on the drives.

To go back to a previous version of the Firmware, you must manually download it from the website onto your PC and then do a local install of the Firmware from the PC (if that roll back is what you are trying to do).
Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Reset ReadyNes Duo v2 to Factory Settings

Active Directory not working is a known limitation of the beta firmware and that's why it's not recommended to try this feature out yet.

Do you have an up to date backup?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements