× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Restoring a RN102 After Factory Reset

bobfa100
Aspirant

Restoring a RN102 After Factory Reset

RN102

FW 6.7

RAID1 with two 4 TB drives

I had to factory reset my RN102.  That went fine.  Now I have 4TB of clean space.

Prior to the reset, the RN102 was backed up to an external 5TB drive. 

I can read the USB drive with Paragon ExtFS for Windows.  I see all the data, but the RN102 doesn't recognize this as a backup drive. 

I remember seeing something earlier in the forum about copying some kind of backup configuration file from the USB to somewhere in the NAS file system. Can someone kindly point to this forum post or tell what to copy over, where to copy it to and how to make the RN102 recognize the backup.

Thanks for your kindness.

Bob

Model: RN10211D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Restoring a RN102 After Factory Reset

Hello bobfa100,

You are most welcome! If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bobfa100,

Please check this article: How do I back up data from a USB disk to my ReadyNAS OS 6 system?

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
bobfa100
Aspirant

Thanks JennC

Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bobfa100,

You are most welcome! If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements