× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rreadynas nv+ v2 Access After Changing Router

Shane88
Aspirant

Rreadynas nv+ v2 Access After Changing Router

Hey.

Was hoping someone could help me understand this. 

I can no longer access, read or modify my RND4000v2 after switching routers due to my old router dying.

The READYNAS NV+ v2 is currently displaying 192.128.1.1 i logged into my new router and switched the IP to match but that did not give me access. I can find it on RAIDer but it will not let me access the admin page (i tried this over wireless network and also by plugging the storage device directly into one of my laptops). Firmware is 5.3.13

Is there something really simple i am missing. I was able to access the storage from multiple machines right up until i switched routers.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance i hope.

Shane

Model: RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Rreadynas nv+ v2 Access After Changing Router

@Shane88

Welcome to the community! 

It is possible that the ReadyNAS is assigned with a static IP address, that being said, performing an OS Reinstall should fix the issue (please check here for instructions on how to perform it).

Regards, 

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Shane88
Aspirant

@JeraldM thank you for your reply.

Is this the only option i have? Will my data still be safe if i do the os reinstall? 

Thanks again.

Shane

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Shane88 wrote:

Will my data still be safe if i do the os reinstall? 

Yes.  It will reset the NV+ v2 to use DHCP and also reset the NAS admin password back to password. Other settings (and data) are left alone.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements