× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SSD drive replacement for RND2210v2

ldyork
Aspirant

SSD drive replacement for RND2210v2

Is it possible to replace an original 1TB HD drive with a 1 TB SSD drive in this chassis and do I have to replace both at the same time?  I see some old notes about compatibility issues but they are 2012 posts.

Model: RND2210|ReadyNAS Duo 2TB (2 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SSD drive replacement for RND2210v2

@Idyork

Using SSDs on Legacy NAS like the RND2210s is possible, the only issue might be is the limitation that it will have on SSD performance. There is no more update available for the Legacy NAS so if SSD was not supported on the previous firmware, there's no update that came out anymore.

One thing is what has been discussed on this post where support for TRIM is not present adn the transfer speed being limited by the CPU.

SSDs might be better of with newer models IMO.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Idyork

Using SSDs on Legacy NAS like the RND2210s is possible, the only issue might be is the limitation that it will have on SSD performance. There is no more update available for the Legacy NAS so if SSD was not supported on the previous firmware, there's no update that came out anymore.

One thing is what has been discussed on this post where support for TRIM is not present adn the transfer speed being limited by the CPU.

SSDs might be better of with newer models IMO.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
ldyork
Aspirant

Thought that might be the answer.  Legacy stuff, I get it.  Thanks.

Model: RND2210v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 2TB (2 X 1TB Desktop)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements