× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung HD204UI question

smax013
Aspirant

Samsung HD204UI question

I am getting a diskless Ultra 4 Plus. So, I am now figuring out drives for it.

I do have a 2 TB Samsung drive (EcoGreen F3 HD203WI) that I got a while ago that I am planning on putting in it. And I know it is on the Hardware Compatibility list.

Now, I found what appears to be the HD204UI on Amazon for $160 (same drive is on NewEgg for $200), which is a rather good price considering the prices of hard drives right now due to the flooding. The problem is that I am not completely sure if it is considered the same drive as the Samsung Spinpoint F4 HD204UI on the Compatibility List. It is listed as a Samsung Spinpoint F4EG HD204UI/Z4 by Amazon (kind of similar on NewEgg...when you zoom in the label in the picture on NewEgg it does show the HD204UI/Z4 on the label).

So, is that considered on the Compatibility List? Or does adding the "EG" to the F4 and the "/Z4" to the HD204UI disqualify it?

Thanks
Message 1 of 2
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Samsung HD204UI question

No one has responded, most likely because no one really has a definitive answer. The best option when it arrives is to set it up with the drive as a solo. If you have problems, post in the Boot, Installation, Upgrade, Expansion forum. You can also reboot after it sets up and run the disk test which is option 7 on the boot menu. This runs and extensive test and goes through the test 4 times. If you desire, you can start the unit as well with the HD203WI you have as well and then run the disk test with both installed (will take twice as long). At the end of the tests, if it boots normally, the disks have passed the test.

I have never had one fail a test, so I am not sure what or how it reports in that situation.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements