× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Save Arlo video to ReadyNAS?

nsne
Virtuoso

Save Arlo video to ReadyNAS?

I'm researching home security cameras. Is there a way to save video recorded on an Arlo camera to a ReadyNAS instead of the cloud?

Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

No, but you could post/upvote this suggestion on the Idea Exchange for ReadyNAS Network Storage

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Maybe also post it in the Arlo forum.

Message 3 of 6
nsne
Virtuoso

I posted it in the ReadyNAS Idea Exchange. I don't frequent the Arlo forum, so I haven't added anything there.

It strikes me as odd that Netgear wouldn't have incorporated this feature from the very beginning. There's a huge tech-oriented community that is embracing IoT home security but has reservations about the cloud.

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@nsne wrote:

I posted it in the ReadyNAS Idea Exchange. I don't frequent the Arlo forum, so I haven't added anything there.

I think the two groups function as independent businesses, so it would be wise to post it there even if you don't normally frequent it.

@nsne wrote:

It strikes me as odd that Netgear wouldn't have incorporated this feature from the very beginning. 

Me too - and it has been suggested before. It's worth suggesting again though.

Message 5 of 6
EmKay007
Initiate

I read it somewhere that negear is working on this.  They already released firmware to use their wifi router (R7000) as base station so I am guessing this will be very soon.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements