× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Scanning to ReadyNAS 312

Bill_CTS
Aspirant

Scanning to ReadyNAS 312

Greetings-

I've just spent a couple frustrating hours setting every conceivable parameter on my Brother MFC-8510dn and ReadyNAS 312 to no avail. Anything I do yeilds an authentication error on the Brother MFC.

Now find this article about something called SANE:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Add-ons/SaneBackends-1-0-21-Scanner-Access-Now-Easy/m-p/6...

This would seem to indicate that I CAN'T send scans to a share on the ReadyNAS without other plugins or apps?

I'm pretty sure that I have other offices where Canon and Ricoh copiers send scans to different model Netgear NAS devices.

If I DO need something like SANE, or if someone had other thoughts on connecting this device, I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks ,Bill

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Scanning to ReadyNAS 312

Hello Bill_CTS,

Unfortunately, RN312 is a ReadyNAS OS6 system which does not have support for printer on its USB ports. The add-on you checked on is for an old system ReadyNAS OS4 Sparc-based.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Scanning to ReadyNAS 312

Hi @Bill_CTS

The add-on thread you linked in was about about connecting the printer/scanner to the NAS (and as JennC says it is for the wrong NAS).

But I think your question is about something different - you want to be able to save scans from your scanner to a NAS share?  Am I right?

If so, can you let us know what settings you are using on the printer (and perhaps provide a link to the relevant printer manual)?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements