× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166-302 firmware update to CC3D ?

willeand1
Aspirant

Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166-302 firmware update to CC3D ?

Hi,

I have two of these drives and both of them have been working (and still are) fine in my ReadyNAS Duo v1.
Both drives have CC3C firmware (has been on there since I bought them).
I just came across the Netgear compatibility list and read that I should upgrade them to CC3D.
please also see:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=64510
note that the link in the post is not working for downloading the CC3D firmware.

However when I check the serial number of my 2 drives in the Seagate website (Download Finder) they both come up with having the latest firmware.
So, no update necessary!?

I have since searched to find the CC3D firmware elsewhere but have not been successful.

Anybody has had the same issue?

Andreas
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166-302 firmware update to CC3D ?

SeaGate keeps on issuing new links and making the old ones expire. It's annoying but that's what they've chosen to do. You should contact SeaGate directly and get a new download link for the CC3D firmware which you need.
Message 2 of 4
willeand1
Aspirant

Thx, does it makes sense though? The Seagate download finder says that both drives (with CC3C) have the latest FW installed?
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

It seems to me that the CC3D firmware isn't generally released, but is provided to NAS owners who request it. What my company would call a "controlled release".

At least that explains the download finder and the lack of persistent links.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements