× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166

Looks like either a SeaGate service is down or some other issue. The link doesn't say it has expired.
Message 151 of 156
StephenB
Guru

Yes, I noticed that. It will expire though.
Message 152 of 156
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes.
Message 153 of 156
justinT
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB - I'm going to get a couple of WDC Red 3T. The seagates are on the HCL (which is why I purchased them) and incorrectly still quote a longer warranty.

Also, I realised I cannot update firmware on the existing disk easily as I don't have a PC with SATA interfaces... my old desktop is IDE and everything else is NAS, Laptop or tablet!! Hence just going for the new drives.
Message 154 of 156
scootle
Aspirant

Referencing the sticky post here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=64510

The URL given for the CC3D firmware there shows the certificate has expired. Checking via S/N on my drives indicates that there is no newer firmware for my drives even though they are all running CC3C right now.

Is there any guidance short of a ticket directly with Seagate?

Thanks.

update: I sent Seagate Tech Support an email for access to the firmware and the rep sent me URLs to two different drives... neither of which was even remotely the correct model (ST2000DL003)... I swear these companies hire monkeys to staff the support centers!
Message 155 of 156
scootle
Aspirant

I can't believe these people work for Seagate... I provided them more info than any normal customer would and this is the reply:

Thank you for contacting Seagate Support.

I've reviewed your case, and I understand your situation. I'm sorry about the confusion on the download links you were given.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is not a CC3D firmware available.

What I can do is forward your case over to our Tech Support Leads, they can research if a CC3D firmware is available, then they can get back with you by e-mail. They will review your case on Tuesday morning, and be able to have answer within 24 - 48 hours. The Technical Support will not be open on Monday in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.

For additional assistance, please feel free to contact us again by e-mail, call us at the Technical Support Center at 1-800-732-4283 Mon. thru Fri., 8:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. (CDT), or search our knowledge base at this web link.

http://www.seagate.com/support/

We are always happy to help, so let us know what we can do.

Regards,

Thomas
Seagate 1st Class Email Support
Message 156 of 156
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements