× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Seagate ST32000644NS & ReadyNAS Pro 6

Krowten
Aspirant

Seagate ST32000644NS & ReadyNAS Pro 6

Hello,
I have a ReadyNAS Pro 6 with 4 ST32000644NS 2TB drives. I'd like to fully populate my ReadyNAS, but these drives are no longer current. The hardware compatibility list only lists two Seagate Constellation 2TB drives. This one and the ST2000NM0011, which is also old (and I believe is just ES, not ES2). There are no newer drives in the list.

Am I best to try and track down two of these drives (ST32000644NS) somewhere or can I use the newer versions of these drives? What risks am I taking if I do that? It looks like there is a ST32000645NS which appears to be a newer version of the Constellation ES2 drive. Would I be safe to use that?

Thanks.

Matt
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Seagate ST32000644NS & ReadyNAS Pro 6

If you use drives outside the compatibility list and run into issues support won't be able to help.

Having said that if you maintain an up to date backup (as you should anyway) the risk of a disaster is pretty low.
Message 2 of 3
Krowten
Aspirant

Re: Seagate ST32000644NS & ReadyNAS Pro 6

Hmm, so I'm basically stuck. I really don't want to be in an unsupported state. So there is basically no currently supported 2TB Seagate Constellation drive then (unless I track down an old one I guess). Looks like I can find the ES series drive out there, the ST2000NM0011, more than the old model ES.2. So maybe I'll try those. Just worries me to buy the older drives. Maybe I'll open a support ticket too on it. Thanks.'

Matt
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements