× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Selecting a UPS for my ReadyNAS 214

saintalfonzo
Guide

Selecting a UPS for my ReadyNAS 214

Hello Community,

I have just set up my ReadyNAS 214 and am quite happy with it. Since it is serving as an important backup destination, I want to protect it with a UPS. I can't find any guidelines on what types of UPS are supported. For simplicity's sake, I was wanting to simply connect my ReadyNAS to a UPS via USB. Reading the documentation for ReadyNAS OS6 it says I can connect via USB but gives no additional deatils on how to set up a UPS via USB as it does for SNMP or Remote connections.

Does it "just work" when I connect via USB or do I need to keep anything in mind to make sure the UPS I find is compatible with my ReadyNAS?

Thanks for your input!

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Selecting a UPS for my ReadyNAS 214

If you choose a compatibnle UPS, it does "just work".  The ReadyNAS uses Network UPS Tools (NUT) for UPS support.  Their compaibility list is here: https://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

If you choose a compatibnle UPS, it does "just work".  The ReadyNAS uses Network UPS Tools (NUT) for UPS support.  Their compaibility list is here: https://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html 

Message 2 of 4
saintalfonzo
Guide

Thanks for the quick response, @Sandshark and for pointing me to the NUT documentation. I plan to order a APC Back UPS Pro and will post back my experience should that be useful to others also looking for a UPS solution.

Message 3 of 4
saintalfonzo
Guide

For anyone else looking for a small UPS to work with your ReadyNAS 214, I just set up a new APC Back-UPS Pro 550 (BR550GI) and it works just fine, with ReadyNAS detecting it automatically without a problem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements