× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Share Deletion issues

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Share Deletion issues

I'm trying to Delete a share via the Admin page on my RN314 but keep on getting the message, Unable to delete share due to Snapshot delete failure. Firmware is up to date and the Share Folder is empty as well. I accessed the Admin page via Chrome Browser as I still have issues with the Ready Cloud desktop App on Windows 7 Pro.

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Share Deletion issues

@Retired_Member wrote:

My query is, if I return to Factory settings can I use my existing credentials on my Netgear and ReadyCloud Accounts to set the NAS up again fro scratch rather than set up a NEW account ?  

After the factory default, the NAS admin password is set to password.

Do the setup by browsing to https://nas-ip-address/admin (using the real IP Address of course).  No need to change your myNetgear/ReadyCloud account credentials.

Note you can save the configuration first from the system->settings page.  After you do the basic setup on the NAS, you can re-install your apps, and then restore the configuration (the order matters).  That can save some time.  

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I'm trying to Delete a share via the Admin page on my RN314 but keep on getting the message, Unable to delete share due to Snapshot delete failure. Firmware is up to date and the Share Folder is empty as well. 

Sounds like there might be an issue with the file system.  Have you tried clicking on the snapshots control on the share page?  That would let you see any snapshots for the share, and you could then try deleting them from the web UI.

Also, you might download the log zip file, and look for errors (snapper, btrfs, disk i/o, etc).

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply, yes I had already deleted all the jpg files in the Share Folder and deleted all of the Snapshots prior to trying to delete the share folder.. Along with the Snapshot deletion failure message it states an error code 1004030000. I'm leaving the box to run a Scrub while I'm out for the day. Will look at the Logs when I'm back home.

PS Still cant get the ReadyCloud Windows Desktop App to work.

Thank you very much.

Model: RN31441D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (4x 1TB Desktop)
Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Because of the issue I'm having unable to DESTROY a n empty Share, I was thinking of resetting back to Factory settings, I do realise all data will be lost but I've copied it all from my PC's to a couple of portable Hard Drives for safety. My query is, if I return to Factory settings can I use my existing credentials on my Netgear and ReadyCloud Accounts to set the NAS up again fro scratch rather than set up a NEW account ?  

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

My query is, if I return to Factory settings can I use my existing credentials on my Netgear and ReadyCloud Accounts to set the NAS up again fro scratch rather than set up a NEW account ?  

After the factory default, the NAS admin password is set to password.

Do the setup by browsing to https://nas-ip-address/admin (using the real IP Address of course).  No need to change your myNetgear/ReadyCloud account credentials.

Note you can save the configuration first from the system->settings page.  After you do the basic setup on the NAS, you can re-install your apps, and then restore the configuration (the order matters).  That can save some time.  

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank very much Stephen, that's great news, at least i can repopulate from my saved flies and Folders and leave out the redundant empty Share that I couldn't remove before. It's no longer needed by a Remote User. Than you for the quick reply. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements