× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Shared files & folder are not visible in the ReadyNAS Admin page.

PeterPJ
Aspirant

Shared files & folder are not visible in the ReadyNAS Admin page.

Is there any reason why all the files and folders being backed up to my ReadyNAS RN312 are not visible when viewing my shared folder inside the ReadyNAS Admin page, but looking at the same data in Windows file explorer it looks all there.?

I have over 30 folders backed up to my ReadyNAS but I can any see 3 inside the ReadyNAS Admin page.

Model: RN31212D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (1x 2TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
PeterPJ
Aspirant

I setup a shared folder from inside the ReadyNAS Admin page, and I use a program called GoodSync to syncing/copying files and folder into that shared folder on the ReadyNAS.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@PeterPJ wrote:

I have over 30 folders backed up to my ReadyNAS but I can any see 3 inside the ReadyNAS Admin page.

Are these folders inside a share created in the web ui?  Or did you create them directly in the data volume from Windows?

Message 2 of 5
PeterPJ
Aspirant

I setup a shared folder from inside the ReadyNAS Admin page, and I use a program called GoodSync to syncing/copying files and folder into that shared folder on the ReadyNAS.

Message 3 of 5
nickjames
Luminary

@StephenB What if you created the share in Windows but not within the GUI of the ReadyNAS? I currently do not see the folder in the root of the ReadyNAS but see the folder in the root if I'm viewing from Windows. If I try to create that same folder in the GUI of the ReadyNAS it fails (obviously because it already exists).

Do I need to create a new unique folder in the ReadyNAS GUI and move the files over from the previously created Windows folder?

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@nickjames wrote:

What if you created the share in Windows but not within the GUI of the ReadyNAS?

Did you do that?  That's not at all correct.  The shares created in the GUI are not ordinary folders, they are created as subvolumes.  If you create them from a PC they are just ordinary folders.  You lose quite a bit of functionality if you do that.

@nickjames wrote:

Do I need to create a new unique folder in the ReadyNAS GUI and move the files over from the previously created Windows folder?

That would work.  Perhaps rename the Windows folder first, then create the share.  Then copy the files from the original (renamed) folder into the share, and delete the original.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements