× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Shares missing in Readynas admin page

arul999
Aspirant

Shares missing in Readynas admin page

Hi, need some help here...

I logged into the Readynas admin page and noticed that my shares were missing the “shares” tab. Instead I only see “ Home folders” folder which has nothing in there. The data capacity show the correct amount . Not sure why the shares are not appearing.
Hope the data is not lost..
Many thanks in advance.
Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Do you normally access the files in another way?  If so, do you still have access?  Are you comfortable with the Linux CLI via SSH?

There is a script available that might fix your situation, but we need to make sure of the current condition of the files and shares to be sure it's the right fix for you.

Message 2 of 8
arul999
Aspirant

I normally access the folder in windows explorer. They are not showing up in there as well. Can see the home folder only.

Yeah, I’m ok with ssh.
Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Start by enabling it in system->settings->services.  Log in as root, using the nas admin password.

First see if the shares  and files are present in your data volume (default is /data ).

Message 4 of 8
arul999
Aspirant

I managed to view the folders in ssh, they are appearing there.
Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@arul999 wrote:
I managed to view the folders in ssh, they are appearing there.

Good. The next step is to double-check that the OS partition isn't full. 

Enter

# df / -h
# df / -i

If you have no apps installed, the first command should show about 20% usage, the second should show about 2%.  If you are getting high utilitization (more than 80%), then we should take care of that before you run the script to rebuild the shares list.

Once you've confirmed that you have good free space on the OS partition: the script that @Sandshark is talking about is located here.

Message 6 of 8
arul999
Aspirant

Thanks. Where’s the link to the script and how to run it?
Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@arul999 wrote:
Thanks. Where’s the link to the script and how to run it?

Oops - a copy/paste error on my part.  I've fixed my previous post.  ( for convenience: the link is here ).

There are instructions in the link. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements