× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Snapshot Management

hmuessig
Luminary

Snapshot Management

I am running OS 6.1.8 on a ReadyNAS 314 (4x2GB).

It would be useful to be able to specify the number of snapshots to be retained.

For example, daily snapshots are kept for 4 weeks . . . A week is long enough for my needs and I have to remember to manually delete them.

Tx!
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Snapshot Management

I agree that better controls are needed.

Also a single button "delete all snapshots" for the volume would be handy.
Message 2 of 6
hksscom
Apprentice

StephenB wrote:
Also a single button "delete all snapshots" for the volume would be handy.

Agreed. Or the ability to select multiple snapshots to delete at once via a checkbox of sorts.
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Old automatic snapshots are deleted when volume usage exceeds 95% to get volume usage back under 95%.
Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I agree with hksscom. I posted a couple of days back that the addition of a check box over or built into each snapshot marker would be a useful addition, so tedious and slow to delete one at a time, plus the schedule to include a Monthly Option in the Snapshot frequency
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

ispy wrote:
I agree with hksscom. I posted a couple of days back that the addition of a check box over or built into each snapshot marker would be a useful addition, so tedious and slow to delete one at a time, plus the schedule to include a Monthly Option in the Snapshot frequency
I think these are fine.

But what I'd like is "an automatically delete snapshots after X days" option. I'd set X at 3 months, but I suspect others would want other values.

Right now I set snapshots at daily - which gives me a reasonable chance to recovery any accidentally changed file. The default thinning of snapshots over time is also reasonable, but I don't want snapshots retained forever (as they are now). The fragmentation and storage that creates isn't worth it.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements