× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Software with ReadyNAS Duo V2 (RND2000-200xxx)

Maxime000
Aspirant

Software with ReadyNAS Duo V2 (RND2000-200xxx)

Hi all,
I'd like to know if there is still a software bundled with the ReadyNAS Duo v2? The v1 had something called NTI Shadow...
If there is such software, is it Maco OS X and Windows compatible? and how many computers can be "protected" (number of licences if any)?
Message 1 of 14
chirpa
Luminary

The NV+/Duo v2 come with a 1-user license of Memeo Premium Backup. Windows only.

http://www.readynas.com/?cat=49
Message 2 of 14
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

chirpa wrote:
The NV+/Duo v2 come with a 1-user license of Memeo Premium Backup. Windows only.

http://www.readynas.com/?cat=49

Where is the software or the license? I don't see it and can't find it and Netgear Tech Support doesn't know anything about it.
Message 3 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So the software didn't come on the included CD?

The software should automatically detect the ReadyNAS and issue the license, I think.
Message 4 of 14
yoh-dah
Guide

Right, the software works when it detects the ReadyNAS on your network.
Message 5 of 14
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

One CD came with the product. The only software on the CD labeled "Resource CD Version 1.1 ReadyNAS Duo v2 and NV= v2" is Raidar for mac, linux and windows and raidar widgets. Aside from that there is documentation in various languages. Autorun opens a resource cd page that doesn't link to anything but the already mentioned stuff and the readynas site.

No Memeo software and tech support(telephone) doesn't even know it's supposed to be bundled or where to get it. How do you have guys at the Duo/NV+ support desk who don't even know what's supposed to come with the product? Smh.
Message 6 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please edit the thread title (i.e. subject of first post in thread to include your case number). Ask for your support case to be escalated.
Message 7 of 14
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

This isn't even my thread. I just was interested in finding out where the software was supposed to be since I'd like to try it but I know that's asking a lot (that's not directed at you - I appreciate the help you provide mdgm.)
Message 8 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It should probably be on the CD, I think. Work with support and they should be able to get you a download link for the software.

The software should detect the NAS and that you have a license for the software.
Message 9 of 14
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

Support doesn't even know it's supposed to be bundled. I had to point them to the website with the specs. It's not on the CD. No files are hidden in Explorer either 😉
I tried downloading it from Memeo and it doesn't autodetect anything. It's a 30 day trial without a license key. Whenever my patience is high and I have the time I'll call back and ask for a supervisor or something. I've seen other posts on the forums with the same stuff going on.
Message 10 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You will need to call them back and ask for your case to be escalated to a more senior representative. Refer to your existing case number (the tech support representative should have given you one).
Message 11 of 14
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
You will need to call them back and ask for your case to be escalated to a more senior representative. Refer to your existing case number (the tech support representative should have given you one).

After 10 minutes on hold and with their history of not following up on open cases I just hung up without a case #. I'll give them a call in a bit and try my luck.
Message 12 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The alternative to calling them you have (though not as quick) would be an online case. This is also mentioned at http://www.readynas.com/support
Message 13 of 14
ColonelPanik
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
The alternative to calling them you have (though not as quick) would be an online case. This is also mentioned at http://www.readynas.com/support

yeah after seeing how they do things over the phone I will pass on the online support. I wonder if it's legal for them to call it support? 😉
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements