× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sparc or Arm

ArneH
Tutor

Sparc or Arm

Hej!

I have an RND2000 v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2). Black. Bought 2010-sep-22

I downloaded the RAIDiator-arm Version 5.3.13 (for ReadyNAS Duo v2/NV+ v2) from the hompage with RND2000 v2.

When trying to update. No successes…

I always have assumed it is the ARM version. But I am starting to realize it is the SPARC version. Because I saved the 4.1.16 version and it states Sparc in the filename.

And on the top of it “Disk 1 did not pass SMART self-assessment test.”

But by some reason, I do like it.

Are they any more modern SW to flash it with?

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Sparc or Arm

@ArneH wrote:

I have an RND2000 v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2). 

Likely not - the labels are confusing.

The original Duo (called v1 here)

• says ReadyNAS Duo on the front panel
  • runs 4.1.x firmware
  • uses a Sparc CPU
  • might have a v2 label on the back or bottom.  This means that it is hardware revision 2 of the (original) Duo, not that it is a Duo v2.

The Duo v2

• says ReadyNAS Duo v2 on the front panel
  • runs 5.3.x firmware
  • uses an ARM CPU

The 4.1.16 firmware is the latest (and final) firmware release for the v1 Sparc-based NAS.

Note that both 4.1.16 and 5.3.13 firmware were released in May 2017, so 5.3.13 isn't newer.

Message 2 of 4
ArneH
Tutor

Thanks

What tricked me is that it is labeled RDN 200 V2 exactly as the real V2 "Model / Version: RND2000 v2".

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

And a lot of eBay sellers are tricking their buyers into thinking they are purchasing a "real" V2.  The front label is the absolute best way to tell, but the backs are also different.  The "real" V2 has a fan the entire width of the chassis and no recess for the power plug.  The V1 has a smaller fan and a recess.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements